Webmaster Tips » SEO
Google algorithms, crawling and more
Google has a comprehensive and highly developed technology, a straightforward interface and a wide-ranging array of search tools which enable the users to easily access a variety of information online. Google users can browse the web and find information in various languages, retrieve maps, stock quotes and read news, search for a long lost friend using the phonebook listings available on Google for all of US cities and basically surf the 3 billion odd web pages on the internet! Google boasts of having world's largest archive of Usenet messages, dating all the way back to 1981. Google's technology can be accessed from any conventional desktop PC as well as from various wireless platforms such as WAP and i-mode phones, handheld devices and other such Internet equipped gadgets.
Some Top Tips from the Best SEO's
Know what you want to be found for. You should know the top two or three terms that are most important to your Web site and have incorporated them into a 25-word description that doesn't use marketing hype, which can then be submitted to human powered directories.
You should also know a list of the top 10 to 100 terms you'd like to be found for and ensure that you have pages within your Web site with good, solid content for these terms to please the crawlers..
Search Engine Optimization For Google
Expert Google search engine optimization have increased exponentially, because of the proven search engine optimization and search engine positioning techniques.
A group of Google employees have filed a patent application #20050071741 with the United States Patent and Trademark Office which gives insight into how to optimize one's website to do well in the Google rankings. The filing of the patent gives verification that Google uses or intends to use historical data in its ranking algorithm. This patent also gives credence to the Google Sandbox Theory for new websites..
What is Wrong with Reciprocal Linking
Reciprocal linking has been so abused by webmasters and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) experts (term used loosely when it comes to reciprocal linking) that the larger search engines have begun the process of disregarding reciprocal links as irrelevant.
5 tips for a great Search Engine friendly title
SEO experts say that there are around 190 factors that affect the ranking of a webpage in the Google SERPs. One of the most important on-page factor that determines the ranking of any webpage in the search engine result pages is the Title of the page..
Social optimization is the new hot SEO technique
Social optimization is the new hot SEO technique, but is it really white-hat SEO? As usual there is more than one answer to the search engine optimizers question. So I will help clarify each social SEO method and tactic..
Web Development with SEO in Mind
When a business owner decides to bring their business to the web, generally the last thing that they think about is search engine optimization. They assume that whomever they hire to do their web design will put up a site and then submit it to the search engines and the traffic will magically pour in. Unfortunately it takes more than that to drive search engine traffic to your site, and even more unfortunately most developers don't program with SEO in mind, nor do they educate the client about the process involved in gaining traffic from search engines..
10 Important Web Design Tips: SEO Friendly Website
- Avoid creating menu on the left-hand side of a website. If unavoidable, an alternative way is to put some text with rich keywords at the top or above the left-hand menu so that this text will be the first thing to read by search engines.
- Headlines are rated more important than the rest of the web page by search engines. To take advantage of this, you should have your keywords in the page headline. Since the header tag (h1) is quite large, you should format it to make it smaller.
- Every page should contain the "title" and "description" tags with good keywords to describe the page content. The number of words for the title should not exceed 9 and that for the description should not be more than 20 words in order to keep within the limits of most search engines...
Have Your Site Ping for More Traffic
A common function built into many weblog tools is ping, no I'm not talking about the common network tool for testing to see if a network node is running and available. This ping is for letting websites know that your weblog has been updated.
There are many ping servers available to send ping notifications to, most notably VeriSign's Weblogs.com server, but there others like Yahoo's blogs, and Google's new blogsearch engine.
Pinging is something that every site owner should know about. New search engines that spider weblog content and Really Simple Syndication (RSS) feeds are gaining in popularity...
25 Simple Blog SEO and Traffic Tips
This is a nice concise list of 25 ways to greatly increase your blog's traffic and search rankings.
- Content is king!
- Submit your site to as many search engines as possible. After the initial indexing I would recommend resubmitting every 6 months.
- Comment on as many blogs as possible. Make your comments thoughtful and not spammy.
- Link up with popular blogs - trackbacks can be good for SEO as well as your traffic.